Tofu

Tofu

About Me

Albuquerque, NM, United States
Just a freelance working vegetarian mom. I thought it would be fun to create a place where vegetarian moms can share their ideas, recipes, good places to shop, money saving ideas and funny stories.

Search This Blog

Friday, September 23, 2011

"The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever!" ~ according to my daughter.


1/4 cup butter or margarine (I like Earth Balance Organic Buttery Spread) at room temperature.
3/4 cup cane sugar
1/2 tsp. molasses
1 large egg (or egg substitute)
2 tbsp. brown rice syrup
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup unbleached white flour
3/4 cup whole wheat flour (I grind my own from wheat berries in my awesome Vita Mix)
1 tbsp ground flax (a good vegetarian source of omega 3's)
1/4 cup walnuts (you can chop them or I grind them to hide them from my kids that don't like nuts but
   the flavor is still there)
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup chocolate chips (This may be light for some you so add more if you like)


Preheat oven to 350°
Mix the margarine and sugar.  The mixture will look like wet sand
Add the egg, brown rice syrup and vanilla and beat until smooth.
In a separate bowl, combine flours, flax, walnuts, baking soda and salt.
Add to the sugar mixture and combine.  Add the chocolate chips until just blended.
Drop onto cookie sheet covered with parchment or a silicone baking sheet.
Bake for 12-14 minutes.

Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment