Tofu

Tofu

About Me

Albuquerque, NM, United States
Just a freelance working vegetarian mom. I thought it would be fun to create a place where vegetarian moms can share their ideas, recipes, good places to shop, money saving ideas and funny stories.

Search This Blog

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Veggie Lasagne? Or is it?

I made that veggie lasagne last night.  Turned out really good.  A carnivorous friend that was over stated "It  really tastes like it has meat."  That's the best compliment you can get.  Do I long for the day that I don't have to hide the veggies in the dinner and the kids will still eat it?  You bet!  But for now, this will do.

Some tricks:  Veggie ground round.  Whole wheat flour in the pasta dough.  Made the sauce in a normal way but finely chopped the carrots, celery, cabbage, onions, mushrooms to hide them from the kids.  Also, I added a whole acorn squash that I roasted in the oven first.  My kids like a sweeter tomato sauce so the sweetness of the squash was easily hidden.  I built the lasagne with the pasta, the sause, ricotta cheese and a little mozzarella.  Looked like a normal lasagne.  Tasted delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment